Are you looking for where the best lambing days are?
Spring is such a lovely time of the year, with the long winter nights going, new buds on the trees and best of all, the lambing season. It’s a great experience for kids to visit a farm and delight at meeting these adorable lambs. There are lots of places around Oxfordshire and Berkshire to meet newborn lambs and at some places you can even bottle feed them.
Here are a selection of the best lambing days around Oxfordshire and Berkshire and we’ll keep adding more. Some of the farms have lambing everyday and others are just special weekend events. Many places also have other activities going on so you can make it a full fun family day out with the kids.
RED KITE DAYS RECOMMEDNATION
There are lots of places to visit and our top recommendation is Roves Farm. The picture above is from a great day out I had with my kids at Roves Farm.
The Poll Dorsets have now vacated the barn ready for a spring clean and
preparations for the next lambing flock! The lambing will be in full swing by the end of March. If a ewe is lambing during opening hours they will make sure you know and can watch a lambing live demonstration!
There’s absolutely loads to do at Roves Farm too which will keep you occupied all day. ‘Nature Detective’ tractor rides explore the farm during term time in March & April, and the ever popular Easter Bunny is back to his old tricks again during the Easter holidays (8th – 23rd April)! As well as their daily activities including meet and feed the animals in Pets Corner, meet piglets of all shapes and sizes in the piglets in the Animal Barn, heated play barn & more.
Roves Farm doesn’t feel overly commercial with a lovely family run atmosphere, welcome and smile.
We’re proud to have Roves Farm as a sponsor for this special article on the best lambing days. At Red Kite Days we only ever recommend places to visit that we have personally been to and give our 100% seal of approval so you can be sure to have a great fun family day out.
Best Lambing Days
- Roves Farm – lambing season is well under way at Roves Farm and will be in full swing by the end of March. – UNTIL 13TH APRIL
- Earth Trust – there are two lambing weekends happening on 25th/26th March and 1st/2nd April. – FINISHED
- Moreton Barn – the lambing weekend takes place on 16th/17th April will money raised going to the Air Ambulance.
- Amners Farm – there are two lambing weekends 29th April to 1st May and 6th/7th May with lots of extra activities too including pony rides and a pets corner.
- Buckleberry Farm – 14th to 18th April you can feed the orphan lambs and enjoy the Easter activities.
- Farmer Gows – your chance to cuddle a lamb until early March. – FINISHED
- Cotswold Farm Park – on now and until 23rd April.
- Millets Farm – see the new born lambs and join in Easter activities from 8th to 22nd April.
- Green Dragon Eco Farm – lots of great events on over Easter and bottle feeding the lambs.
- Sandy Lane Farm – a traditional farm opening for a lambing weekend. The best value at £1 per car with a pop up BBQ and children’s crafts too (small donation for children’s activities, going to charity). – FINISHED
We’d love to see your pictures and recommendations for best lambing days. Come and visit our facebook page and share with everyone.