Are you looking for where the best lambing days are are in 2018 in Oxfordshire, Berkshire and nearby counties?
Spring is such a lovely time of the year, with the long winter nights going, new buds on the trees and best of all, the lambing season. It’s a great experience for kids to visit a farm and delight at meeting these adorable lambs. There are lots of places around Oxfordshire and Berkshire to meet newborn lambs and at some places you can even bottle feed them.
Here are a selection of the best lambing days around Oxfordshire and Berkshire and we’ll keep adding more. Some of the farms have lambing everyday and others are just special weekend events. Many places also have other activities going on so you can make it a full fun family day out with the kids.
RED KITE DAYS RECOMMEDNATION
There are lots of places to visit and our top recommendation is Roves Farm. The picture above is from a great day out I had with my kids at Roves Farm.
The lambing will then be in full swing by the end of March with their main special lambing event running from 15th to 30th April. If you’re lucky you might see a lamb being born. Lambing demonstrations will take place as and when the ewes lamb.
There’s absolutely loads to do at Roves Farm too which will keep you occupied all day. As well as their daily activities including meet and feed the animals in Pets Corner, tractor rides, paper crafts, egg collecting, there is lots of soft play fun inside as well as a play park outside and much more.
Roves Farm doesn’t feel overly commercial with a lovely family run atmosphere, welcome and smile.
We’re proud to have Roves Farm as a sponsor for this special article on the best lambing days. At Red Kite Days we only ever recommend places to visit that we have personally been to and give our 100% seal of approval so you can be sure to have a great fun family day out.
Best Lambing Days in Oxfordshire & Berkshire
- Roves Farm – lambing season has started already at Roves Farm with their main event running 15th to 30th April.
- Broughton Grounds Farm Lambing Afternoon, raising money for charity (near Banbury)
- Earth Trust – there are two lambing weekends happening on 17th/18th March and on 24th/25th March. – FINISHED
- Moreton Barn – the lambing weekend takes place on 1st & 2nd April with money raised going to the Thames Valley Air Ambulance. – FINISHED
- Amners Farm – there are two lambing weekend usually towards the end of April (dates for 2018 tbc) with lots of extra activities too including pony rides and a pets corner.
- Buckleberry Farm – 30th March to 16th April you can feed the orphan lambs and enjoy the Easter activities.
- Farmer Gows – your chance to cuddle a lamb from early February.
- Cotswold Farm Park – 10th Feb to 15th April with lots of other activities to enjoy too. – FINISHED
- Millets Farm – we’ll let you know if there are plans for lambs to visit Millets Farm
- Green Dragon Eco Farm
- Sandy Lane Farm -25th March only £1 a car. – FINISHED
- Odds Farm (Buckinghamshire) – meet the bouncing lambs and bottle feed goats over Feb half term on Odds Farm.
- Hadsham Farm (near Banbury) – running until 15th April and only £3 (under 2’s free) – FINISHED
- Warriner School Farm – open afternoons – FINISHED
We’d love to see your pictures and recommendations for best lambing days. Come and visit our facebook page and share with everyone.