Bunny Bread is a great fun baking activity for kids and perfect for Easter.
We’re really excited to have this guest blog recipe from Mrs Bun the Baker. Mrs Bun the Baker® runs fabulous hand on fun cookery classes for kids. You’ll also find her at Millets Farm throughout the year with some great seasonal sessions.
You Will Need:
- 375g Strong Bread flour
- 1 Sachet of Yeast
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 200ml Warm Water
- 40g Butter
- Carrot Sticks, Parsley, Olives
How To Make Bunny Bread:
- Pre heat the oven to Gas 6/200c/400f.
- Rub the butter into the flour.
- Add the yeast & salt, and stir through.
- Test the temperature of the water by placing your finger in, it should feel warm; measure out what you need and pour this slowly into the flour, mixing with a spoon, until you have a soft dough. Don’t worry if you have liquid left, you don’t want to make the dough too wet!
- The dough shouldn’t be a sticky cake mix, but firm, soft dough.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes, on a work surface (with some flour if required, although you don’t want to get your dough too dry).
- Divide the dough into 3 pieces, one a little larger than the others. Shape the largest piece into a bunny tummy, and use another piece to make bunny ears and a face, and the final piece to make all the paws. Join it all together and place your bunny on a baking tray, leaving it to rise in a warm place.
- Once it has risen, glaze with egg or milk & place it in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Place the bunny on a surface, chop some carrots, and give a layer of lettuce grass, some carrot teeth and olives to make the eyes show.
Give it a go and share your bunny bread creations on our facebook page.