Scrambled egg must be one of the easiest standby foods for kids. Make it a little more interesting with a few tomatoes and a sprinkling of cheese. This recipe will feed a couple of kids but can easily be doubled up.
You Will Need:
- 3 medium eggs
- Large dash of milk
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes chopped into small pieces
- Knob of butter
- Sprinkling of finely grated cheddar
How To Make Cheesy Tomato Scrambled Eggs:
- Beat the eggs and add in a splash of milk (the less milk the firmer the scrambled eggs).
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and then throw in the tomatoes for a couple of minutes until softened.
- Add in the beaten egg and keep stirring. The egg will catch slightly on the saucepan base as it cooks so you need to keep it moving to scramble it without any burnt bits.
- At the end add in a little grated cheddar and mix through so it melts. I find that a fine grater means it melts quickly without the eggs overcooking.
Tastes great served with hot buttered toast.