What's On In Oxfordshire & Berkshire
Shambala Festival 2018
23 August - 26 August
Shambala takes place across four days on the August Bank Holiday Weekend at a secret location in the heart of the Northamptonshire countryside. The variety and quality of entertainment on offer is staggering for a festival of its size. With over 200 diverse musical acts across 12 live stages, world-class cabaret, an amazing array of workshops, stand-up comedy, inspirational talks and debates, jaw dropping circus and acrobatics, interactive theatre and nationally acclaimed poetry all housed in beautifully decorated venues.
Shambala is about the little, hidden gems as much as the big musical venues. Get lost in browsing 2017’s venues which will be updated for 2018 later in the new year.
Playtopia is the Kid’s Area and is reputed to be one of the most vibrant on the festival circuit and is a real jewel in Shambala’s crown. It’s absolutely jam packed all day with activities and entertainment and could easily keep your nippers entertained all weekend – but it doesn’t need to as the rest of the festival is absolutely kid friendly too! From the sandpits to the golf course, craft workshops and of course the legendary Woodland Tribe, kids are invited to roam wild before ending the day with a cosy cup of cocoa and bedtime story in the Family Yurt!
- A dedicated and flat Family Camping Field near to the car park with compost loos, hot showers and wash basins
- Dedicated Family Live-In Vehicle Field near to Family Camping
- Kid-sized loos!
- Woodland adventure area for kids with free-play, nets and nature workshops
- Focus on ‘free-play’ activities in the Kids Field
- Wheelbarrows for loan to help get your kit from the car park
- The family yurt – a dedicated space for families with children, the hub of family camping, with veteran festival families on hand all day to offer information, advice and warm hugs. Wake up singing every morning and go to bed with cocoa, fire and stories every evening.
Due to popular demand, Shambala have teamed up with the Bee’s Mobile Creche for the sixth year to offer Shambalan parents an amazing crèche with the ethics, professionalism and fun you would expect from Shambala. Go see a band, have a romantic dinner, or just remember what it’s like being at a festival without kids for a few hours.
A friendly swarm of Bees (experienced crèche workers) will be hosting a hive of activity in their new play space. The crèche will cater for children on a 3:1 ratio and offers three 3-hour sessions daily. The crèche will provide a safe play space, with indoor and outdoor fun for 2-7 yr olds. Enjoy the festival knowing your little one is having as much fun as you enjoying, learning about the buzz of the bees.