What's On In Oxfordshire & Berkshire
- This event has passed.
Where to see the Christmas Lights Switch On in Oxfordshire & Berkshire
17 November, 2017 - 10 December, 2017Free
Towards the end of November, as the nights are drawing in and there’s a chill in the air, local cities, towns and villages have their Christmas Lights Switch On. The festivities are often combined with other entertainment from Christmas markets to carol singers and sometimes even Father Christmas will make an appearance.
Wrap up warm and venture out to get into the Christmas spirit.
Here’s our roundup of Christmas Lights Switch on events in Oxfordshire & Berkshire for 2017. Click on the links for full details and dates. If you’re running an event that’s not included, just let us know and we’ll add it the list.
Christmas Lights Switch On in Oxfordshire
- Oxford – Christmas Lights Festival 17-19th November.
- Woodstock – Christmas market and lights switch on – 25th November.
- Kidlington – entertainment, hot food and lights switch on 30th November.
- Witney – stalls, music, food and Father Christmas – 24th November
- Banbury – music, food, entertainments and lights switch on around the Christmas tree – 26th November.
- Morton in the Marsh – with a programme of events running throughout the day from carol singing to lights switch on.
- Abingdon – a Christmas extravaganza running all day parades, a rock choir, fireworks and much more.
- Thame – annual Christmas community event on 1st December.
- Wantage – a Christmas festival with music, Wantage Dickensian Evening with reindeer, Santa and a very festive feel on 1st December.
- Bicester – Bicester Light Nights Festival takes place from Sheep St on 30th November 4-8pm.
- Didcot Christmas Street Fair – 30th Nov 4-pm at Broadway & Orchard Centre.
Christmas Lights Switch On in Berkshire
- Maidenhead – Lantern Parade – 9th December.
- Newbury – Christmas lights switch on and Santa parade – 26th November.
- Thatcham – stalls, live music, Father Christmas and of course the Christmas lights – 1st December.
- Eton – starting with a community carol service, there will also be a parade, reindeer and Santa’s grotto.
- Datchet – a full afternoon and evening of Christmas fun including a candle light procession and visit to Father Christmas on 2nd December.
- Hungerford – the Christmas lights switch on will take place on 3rd December with musical entertainment from 4pm and the Christmas lights switch on at 5pm. If you miss that, there is also a Victorian extravaganza on Friday 8th December.
- Slough – fireworks, music and Christmas lights switch on – 18th November.
- Sunningdale – the annual Christmas celebrations – 24th November.
- Reading – 16th November at 4pm
Illumination Christmas Lights 2017
There are also a few places having illumination events running over a longer time period. Just click on the links below to find out more.