What's On In Oxfordshire & Berkshire
Where to visit Santa in Oxfordshire & Berkshire 2017
11 November - 24 December
Christmas is a magical time for kids and meeting Father Christmas is a highlight of the year for little ones. There are lots of Christmas experiences, Santa Grotto’s and special events on all around Oxfordshire and Berkshire. Prices and activities vary greatly so we’ve rounded up a good selection of what’s on and where to visit Santa in Oxfordshire and Berkshire.
RED KITE DAYS RECOMMEDNATION
There are lots of places to meet Father Christmas and our top recommendation is Roves Farm. Over the festive period they have a very special family Christmas experience on the farm!
- Santa’s Grotto
- Nativity Plays
- Meet the Elves
- Glittery Crafts
Who can top a nativity play with real animals in a barn with plenty of straw. Dress up and join their farm animals in their traditional Nativity Plays. They have costumes for all ages, from toddlers to grannies and grampies!
We’re proud to have Roves Farm as a sponsor for this special Father Christmas roundup. At Red Kite Days we only ever recommend places to visit that we have personally been to and give our 100% seal of approval so you can be sure to have a great fun family day out.
Where to visit Santa in Oxfordshire
- Bicester – have breakfast of tea with Father Christmas at the Wyevale Garden Centre in Bicester.
- Chipping Norton – meet Santa on a day out to Fairytale Farm.
- Santa’s Grotto and much more will be at the Crown Christmas Market in Chinnor on 2nd December.
- Didcot – Enjoy a day out with Thomas the Tank Engine and meet Father Christmas at the Didcot Railway Centre on selected dates through December.
- Hanborough – Meet Santa in a vintage bus at the Oxford Bus Museum on Sundays 10th and 17th December.
- Frilford – Meeting Father Christmas at Frosts Garden Centre in the grounds of Millets Farm is one of the most popular of all the Santa visit events. If you’re interested, we recommend you book quickly.
- Yarnton – A lovely free event (donations appreciated for charity) at Yarnton Garden Centre, more details to follow once we have the information.
- Banbury – Santa will be making an appearance the Banbury Christmas Lights switch on (last Sunday of November).
- Witney – visit Santa at Cogges on 2nd & 3rd December. The elves have asked that you book in advance.
- Woodstock – Watch Santa and his sleigh and for a donation have a Santa selfie at the Woodstock Christmas Market and Lights Switch On.
Where to visit Santa in Berkshire
- Ascot – for an all out extravagant experience try Lapland UK near Ascot, bookings taken from 15th September. Full details not available yet on website.
- Bracknell – Oak Tree Garden Centre have a range of experiences from visiting Santa in his grotto and breakfast/tea with Santa experiences.
- Bucklebury – Roller skate and have tea with Santa at Bucklebury Farm Park.
- Caversham – Explore the Christmas trail and meet Santa and his animals at Caversham Nursery on 17th December.
- Father Christmas will be making an appearance on 2nd December at the Christmas festivities in Datchet.
- Eton – there will be a Santa’s grotto and live reindeer at the Eton Christmas lights switch on.
- Hare Hatch – enjoy breakfast or tea with Father Christmas at the Wyevale Garden Centre in Hare Hatch. To be updated
- Newbury – nearby 4 Kingdoms Adventure park have a whole Christmas experience waiting but tickets book up fast. Every weekend in December plus the whole week of 18th to 24th December.
- Newbury – Santa will be in his grotto on 26th November on the day of the Christmas lights switch on and Santa parade.
- South Hill Park are both running Santa events in Bracknell.
- Sunningdale – visit Santa’s grotto at the annual Sunningdale Christmas celebrations on 24th November.
- Windsor – Santa will be making appearances at LEGOLAND’s Christmas experience.
- Winnerish – enjoy breakfast or tea with Father Christmas at the Wyevale Garden Centre in Winnerish. To be updated
Nearby places to visit Santa
- Woodburn Green (High Wycombe) – Odds Farm have a Christmas Festival and the chance to meet Santa in his grotto.