Here’s a great craft project for kids who love dinosaurs! Create your own dinosaur fossil from salt dough. You could try making lots and hiding in the garden or sandpit for a fun dinosaur theme treasure hunt.
You will need:
- Salt dough (click here for Red Kite Days recipe)
- Coffee grounds – or a scoopful of soil
- Small plastic dinosaur
How to make dinosaur fossils:
- Make up some salt dough and add several spoonfuls of coffee grounds or soil into the mix, kneading in well. This will make your fossil looks old and rock-like.
- Make a small ball and flatten out slightly to make your rock.
- Press the plastic dinosaur firmly into the salt dough rock and lift out again to leave a dinosaur shaped imprint.
- Put the dinosaur fossil on a baking tray and bake in a low heat oven (about 100 degrees C) for 2-3 hours.