This Smartie birthday cake is possibly the easiest ‘cheat’ homemade birthday cake you can make. Make it even quicker and easier by buying a basic cake to decorate. Add on some homemade bunting to give it a little extra wow factor. This was made for my son’s 5th birthday party which had a circus theme.
What you’ll need to make the Smartie birthday cake:
- Basic cake to decorate (these are of the cheapest to buy at the supermarket)
- Butter icing
- Lots of Smarties
- 2 straws
- Coloured paper
How to decorate the Smartie birthday cake:
- Start by covering the cake in a layer of butter icing, all over the top and around the sides.
- Stick Smarties on all over the cake, kids love getting involved in this stage.
- To make the bunting, cut triangles from colour paper and wrap around a length of string.
- Tape the bunting to the end of each straw and insert into the cake.