The school summer holidays are just around the corner and now’s the time to get planning. The Red Kite Days website has lots of ideas for places to go and regularly updated events.
However, with most parents working, the challenge comes to cover childcare and keep your kids occupied over the school summer holidays.
There are lots of camps, clubs & classes running all around Oxfordshire and Berkshire and you’re sure to find something of interest. Sports camps are popular options but there are also creative, artistic and bush craft fun to be had.
Click here to see all of our listed classes. You can search by postcode to find the most convenient location.
RED KITE DAYS RECOMMENDATION
Children will have the most fun during the holidays as Ultimate Activity Camps are
running their outstanding holiday childcare programmes in Oxfordshire and Berkshire
for children aged 4-14 years!
Ultimate Activity Camps offer the opportunity for children to have fun, meet friends and try a brilliant array of exciting activities. From swimming, zorbing and tennis to archery, art and fencing, there are over 40 games, sports or creative activities, giving children a new experience every day.
They also offer adventurous story-led Ultimate Survival childcare – bookable by the
day or week and offering an optional Camp Out.
www.ultimateactivity.co.uk or call 0330 111 7077 (local rate) for details.
Summer Clubs, Camps & Classes
- The clue to the activities on offer at Ultimate Activity Camps is in the name. There’s everything from sports to inflatables and cookery to arts. They have holiday camps running at various locations including Abingdon, Oxford or try a wild adventure on Ultimate Survival at Hill End Outdoor Centre.
- Go Beanies run activity day camps with different themed activities to keep your child entertained all holiday. There number of activities on offer range from artistic adventures like face painting and model making to outdoor exploring, games and sports. They have a number of venues including Wellington Country Park, Beale Park, Marlow and Henley-On-Thames.
- Ignite Sport have been running popular School Holiday Sports Courses for over 16 years now! They take part in a range of venues including Kidlington, Witney, Thame, Berinsfield, Didcot, Bicester, Langford and Banbury.
- From ages 4 to 10+ there are oodles of great activities with Super Camps. There are four venues in Oxfordshire, Abingdon, Burford, Didcot and Oxford and four in Berkshire including Ascot, Reading, Goring Heath and Newbury.
- Active Camp run multi activity camps in Oxford and Wokingham. All children have the opportunity to participate in a form of sports, arts & crafts, and ice breaker games.
- Your kids will get a real sense of the outdoors with Active Adventure camps in Woodstock (Blenheim Palace).
- Jane Brooks intensive 5 days swim courses are a great way to boost your kids confidence and improve their skills (Oxford).
- There’s also a gymnastics summer camp held in Woodstock from Jane Brooks. They have a wide range of gymnastics apparatus including an 18m AirTrak, olympic beam and bars, 2 trampolines and much more! All coaches are fully qualified British Gymnastics Coaches.
- Academies of Sport run inspiring sports coaching academies with international star coaches, for children aged 7-16 at various Oxfordshire venues during the school holidays. Netball, Hockey and Athletics at various locations.
- Why settle for just sailing OR windsurfing when you can do both with the Oxford Sailing Club school holiday 5 day courses based on Farmoor Resevoir.
- Stagecoach summer holiday workshops are perfect for a budding star. Children and teenagers can make friends, have fun and develop some great new skills at our fabulous Stagecoach Holiday Drama Clubs and Workshops. There are a number of different venues including Wokingham, Thame, Faringdon, Headington, Abingdon, Oxford and Bracknell.
- Why not try The Film Dance Academy with Simon Barnum will take place at Headington School from Academies of Sport or in Wallingford.
- Mrs Bun the Baker runs great cookery workshops for kids. The holiday classes book up very quickly. (Cholsey)
- Razzamataz ‘Grease’ themed week long summer school