If you’re researching independent schools as a prospective parent, then Open Day events are a great way to get a much better insight than just reading the prospectus. It’s an ideal chance to see the facilities, meet the staff and get a feel for the school culture and outlook.
Open Days are arranged at many of the best independent schools in Oxfordshire and Berkshire, usually several times a year. We’ve rounded up the next open days scheduled.
- Thursday 20 September – Senior School Open Evening
- Friday 5 October – Junior School Open Morning
- Thursday 11 October – Sixth Form Open Evening
- Friday 12 October – Senior School Open Morning
The next Open Morning is on Saturday 6 October from 10am-12pm.
The next whole school Open Day will be on Saturday 29 September 2018. This is the main open day of the year.
Carrdus School is a non-selective, independent day prep school taking boys aged 3-8 and girls aged 3-11, on the borders of Oxfordshire, Northamptonshire and Warwickshire.
The next Open Mornings will take place on Friday 28th September 2018 from 10am-12noon. This is a chance for parents to have a tour of the school and to meet our Headmaster, Mr Edward Way, other members of staff and children.
Carrdus School also hold regular ‘Come and Play’ mornings in their Nursery for prospective parents and pupils. These are a chance for parents to bring their children along for a play in the Nursery and gardens and to meet Headmaster, Mr Edward Way, other members of staff and children.
The next ‘Come and Play’ will be on Wednesday 3rd October 2018 from 10am – 11am.
There are a number of open mornings throughout the year. The next open morning is on 22nd September.
Christchurch Cathedral School
awaiting update on next events
There is no need to book for Claires Court Open Events, but to save time on the day please pre-register.
- All school open morning – Friday 28 September 2018 9.30am – 11.30am
- Senior Girls open afternoon – Thursday 11 October 2018 2.30pm – 4.00pm
- All school open morning – Tuesday 6 November 2018 9.30am – 11.30am
- Senior boys open evening – Thursday 8 November 2018 6.30pm – 8.30pm
- Sixth form open evening – Tuesday 20 November 2018
- Nursery open morning – Tuesday 4 December 2018
The next Open Day will be held during Michaelmas Term, on Saturday 22 September 2018 from 9.30am to 12.00pm.
- Reception Taster Day – Wednesday 26 September 2018, 9.30-11.30am
- Whole School Open Morning – Saturday 6 October 2018, 9.30am-12 noon
- Saturday, 12th May 2018 – day and boarding children
- Saturday, 22nd September 2018 – day children
- Saturday, 13th October 2018 – boarding children
- Friday, 16th November 2018 – Pre-Prep
Saturday, 6 October 2018 10am-1pm
Ask any of the D’Overbroeck’s students and parents and they will probably tell you that what makes d’Overbroeck’s so special is its environment. They will talk of it having a “friendly, encouraging, unstuffy, family atmosphere” where they are ambitious and celebrate success but want the journey to be as interesting as the destination. They focus on the things that matter and there is a real sense of mutual respect between staff and students- to a degree you won’t find in many other schools.
The best way to experience this is to go and see them. You are welcome at any time – just contact them to arrange a visit – but their Open Days provide an excellent opportunity to meet a lot of people quickly! These events are relatively informal with the focus being on you having the time to talk to students, meet staff and look around at a pace that suits you.
- Saturday 6th October 2018, 10am – 1pm
- Saturday 6 October
- Friday 12 October 2018
Whole school open morning 6th October 2018
Magdalen College School
- Saturday 15 September 2018: Whole School Open Morning, 9.30 am–12 noon (no need to book)
- Tuesday 25 September 2018: Sixth Form Open Evening 5.30–7.00 pm
- Thursday 11 October 2018: Junior School Open Morning, 9.15 am
- Thursday 11 October 2018: Senior School Open Afternoon, 2.30 pm
- Friday 9th November 2018: Junior School Open Morning, 9.15-11.00am
The Manor Preparatory School
Saturday 6 October 2018, 10am – 12.30pm
Friday 16 November 2018, 9.30am-11.30am
Oratory Prep School
Saturday 29 September 2018 from 10.00am – 12.30am.
Our Lady’s Abingdon
- Open Morning Senior School – Saturday 22nd September 2018
- Open Morning Junior School – Saturday 29th September 2018
Oxford High School
- Tuesday 11th September – Senior School – Meet the Headmaster – 9.30am -11.30am
- Wednesday 12th September – Sixth Form Open Evening – 6.30pm -9.00pm
- Tuesday 18th September – Junior School Admissions Day
- Monday 24th September – Junior School Open Morning – 9.30am -11am
- Wednesday 26th September – Senior School – Meet the Headmaster – 9.30am -11.30am
- Tuesday 2nd October – Junior School Stay and Play
- Friday 5th October – Senior School Annual Open Evening
- Wednesday 17th October – Senior School – Meet the Headmaster – 9.30am -11.30am
- Monday 5th November – Junior School Open Morning – 9.30am -11am
Rye St Anthony
Saturday 29 September 2018 at 10.00am – 12.30pm.
The next open morning will take place on:
- Whole School (Years 7 and 9 Entry) Saturday 22 September 2018 9.15am – 12.00noon
- Sixth Form Only Saturday 6 October 2018 9.15am – 12.00noon
- Whole School (Years 7 and 9 Entry) Saturday 23 March 2019 9.15am – 12.00noon
The best way to find out more about Shiplake College is to go and visit. Having a look around and meeting the welcoming staff will help you to decide whether Shiplake is the perfect school for you and your child.
They would be delighted to welcome you to their of their upcoming open mornings. The mornings include an address from the Headmaster, a guided tour of the College by one of our existing pupils and an opportunity to speak with senior members of staff over refreshments. They always look forward to welcoming new families to the College, and hope visitors find the mornings interesting, informative and enjoyable.
They do request that families book their attendance in advance and please note that there is a set programme for the mornings so arrival at the published start time is required.
- Junior School open morning Saturday 22 September 2018 10.30am ~ 12noon
- Whole School open morning Friday 5 October 2018 from 9.45am
- Sixth form open evening Tuesday 16 October 2018 6.30pm ~ 8.30pm
- Whole school open morning Friday 16 November 2018 from 9.45am
- Junior school open morning Friday 1 February 2019 9.45am ~ 12noon
- Whole school open morning Friday 1 March 2019 from 9.45am
- Junior school open morning Saturday 23 March 2019 10.30am ~ 12noon
St Edwards Prep
St Edwards Prep hold Open Days every term to showcase this exciting and engaging school, where boys are supported and challenged to learn, grow and take risks in a warm and nurturing environment. From their Little Griffins Pre-Reception Class, for pre-school children who are ready for new adventures, right up to our Year 6 boys, taking their 11+ examinations in their stride, happy children discover a love of learning and the confidence to fulfil their full potential.
The next Open Day will be in early October. There will be more details here nearer the time. In the meantime, you are welcome to make an appointment to visit, to discover more about the vibrant and friendly school. Headmaster, Stuart Morgan-Nash, would love to give you a guided tour to show you innovative and inspirational learning in practice.
St Helen & St Katharine
– Tuesday 11 December 2018
– Thursday 14 February 2019
– Monday 11 March 2019
Next Open Day will be held on 29 September 2018.
St John’s Priory School
Their Open Mornings take place during the months of March, June and October
Summer Fields hold several Open Mornings each year, to which all prospective parents and their families are warmly invited. The day starts with coffee with the Headmaster and other members of staff. You will then enjoy a tour of the school in the company of one or two of our Year 7 tour guides. These boys will tell you everything there is to know about the school, and are enthusiastic and honest founts of wisdom. They do not prime the boys or staff to do anything out of the ordinary during the morning, so it is your chance to see Summer Fields running as it always does.
- Pre-Prep School (Reception – Year 3) – Saturday 13 October 2018
- Prep School (Years 4 – 8) – Saturday 6 October 2018
The Unicorn School
|Tuesday 2nd October 2018|
|Thursday 22nd November 2018|
|Tuesday 5th February 2019|
|Wednesday 8th May 2019|
Visitors Days are the most popular way of visiting Wellington. These events take place on Saturday mornings, seven times a year, and provide an easy and effective way of conducting a first visit to the College. After refreshments at 10.30am, the Master addresses visitors from 11am until 12noon with help from a pupil panel and senior staff. There is then an opportunity to tour the campus with a current pupil before lunch is served in the Dining Hall at 1pm.
- Saturday 15th September (16+ 2019 Only)
- Saturday 6th October – FULL
- Saturday 17th November
- Saturday 19th January 2019