If you’re researching independent schools as a prospective parent, then Open Day events are a great way to get a much better insight than just reading the prospectus. It’s an ideal chance to see the facilities, meet the staff and get a feel for the school culture and outlook.
Open Days are arranged at many of the best independent schools in Oxfordshire and Berkshire, usually several times a year. We’ve rounded up the next open days scheduled.
- Friday 20 April – Junior School Open Morning 9.15-11am
- Friday 27 April – Senior School Open Morning 9.15-11am
The next Open Morning is on Wednesday 2 May 2018 starting at 9.30am.
Saturday 29 September 2018, 9:30am – 12:30pm. All welcome, no booking required
The next Open Day will be held during Summer Term, on Saturday 19 May 2018 from 9.30am to 12.00pm.
Christchurch Cathedral School
awaiting update on next events
There is no need to book for Claires Court Open Events, but to save time on the day please pre-register.
- Thursday 26th April
- Tuesday 12th June
Open week runs Monday 23 – Friday 27 April 2018
- Saturday, 12th May 2018 – day and boarding children
- Saturday, 22nd September 2018 – day children
- Saturday, 13th October 2018 – boarding children
- Friday, 16th November 2018 – Pre-Prep
Saturday 12th May 10am to 1pm
Ask any of the D’Overbroeck’s students and parents and they will probably tell you that what makes d’Overbroeck’s so special is its environment. They will talk of it having a “friendly, encouraging, unstuffy, family atmosphere” where they are ambitious and celebrate success but want the journey to be as interesting as the destination. They focus on the things that matter and there is a real sense of mutual respect between staff and students- to a degree you won’t find in many other schools.
The best way to experience this is to go and see them. You are welcome at any time – just contact them to arrange a visit – but their Open Days provide an excellent opportunity to meet a lot of people quickly! These events are relatively informal with the focus being on you having the time to talk to students, meet staff and look around at a pace that suits you.
- Saturday 12th May 2018, 10am – 1pm
The next open mornings are running on Saturday 12 May and Friday 18 May 2018
Headington Preparatory School
Prep School open mornings
- Friday 27th April 2018
- Wednesday 13th June 2018
Senior School open morning
- Thursday 28th June 2018
Whole school open event
- Saturday 6th October 2018
Magdalen College School
- Tuesday 19th June 2018: An Afternoon with the Master, 2.00 pm (Junior School)
- Thursday 28th June 2018: An Afternoon with the Master, 2.30 pm (Senior School)
The Manor Preparatory School
Wednesday 9 May 2018, 9.30am-11.30am
Friday 22 June 2018, 9.30am-11.30am
Saturday 6 October 2018, 10am – 12.30pm
Friday 16 November 2018, 9.30am-11.30am
Oratory Prep School
Coffee Morning with the Headmaster 10.00am – 11.30am Friday 27 April 2018
Cheese and Wine Evening 7:30pm – 9.00pm, Tuesday 1 May 2018
Our Lady’s Abingdon
- Year 5 Experience Day – Saturday 28th April 2018 (need to book)
- Open Morning Junior School – Saturday 12th May 2018
- Open Morning Senior School – Tuesday 19th June 2018
- Open Morning Senior School – Saturday 22nd September 2018
- Open Morning Junior School – Saturday 29th September 2018
Oxford High School
- Junior School Open Morning – 9 May 2018 – 9.30am-11.00am
Stay and Play – 10 May 2018 – 9.30am-11.00am
Meet the Headmaster – Senior School – 15 May 2018 – 9.30am-11.30am
Rye St Anthony
Saturday 19 May 2018 at 10.00am – 12.30pm.
The next open morning will take place on:
- Saturday 22 September 2018 (Whole School): 9.15am – 12.00noon
- Saturday 6 October 2018 (Sixth Form Only): 9.15am – 12.00noon
The best way to find out more about Shiplake College is to go and visit. Having a look around and meeting the welcoming staff will help you to decide whether Shiplake is the perfect school for you and your child.
They would be delighted to welcome you to their of their upcoming open mornings. The mornings include an address from the Headmaster, a guided tour of the College by one of our existing pupils and an opportunity to speak with senior members of staff over refreshments. They always look forward to welcoming new families to the College, and hope visitors find the mornings interesting, informative and enjoyable.
They do request that families book their attendance in advance and please note that there is a set programme for the mornings so arrival at the published start time is required.
- Whole school open morning Friday 4 May 2018 from 9.45am
- Annual open day Saturday 16 June 2018
St Helen & St Katharine
– Friday 27 April 2018 – Fully Booked
– Tuesday 15 May 2018 – Fully Booked
– Wednesday 13 June 2018
Next open day will be held on 29 September 2018.
St John’s Priory School
Their Open Mornings take place during the months of March, June and October
Wednesday 9th May 2018
- Saturday 21st April – FULL
- Saturday 9th June (13+ 2021 and 2020 Late Entry Only) – FULL
- Saturday 15th September (16+ 2019 Only)
- Saturday 6th October
- Saturday 17th November