One of the largest villages in England, Kidlington has lots to offer families. If you’re looking for baby and toddler groups, classes, walks or activities then follow the links below.
Baby & Toddler Groups in and around Kidlington
Baby and toddler groups are a great low cost and sometimes even free activity. When you’re just starting out, they’re a great place to meet other mums with babies, make friends and gives you a focus to get out of the house. The baby & toddler groups usually involve a mix of music, crafts, toys and refreshments which is perfect for when your little one is looking for a bit more stimulation. There’s something on most days in Kidlington. Scroll on down to the classes section too as some of them are pay as you go.
- Monday – Magpies Toddler Group and Little Bunnies
- Tuesday – Little Acorns and St Michael’s Baby & Toddler Group (Summertown)
- Wednesday – Bouncing Babies, Little Fishes, Begbroke Toddler Group and Little Sheep (Yarnton), Rhymetime at Woodstock Library
- Thursday – St Mary’s Baby & Toddler Group and Bletchingdon Baby & Toddler Group
- Friday – Kidlington Breastfeeding Group and Magpies Toddler Group.
Community Baby Clinic and Midwife appointments
These will now be held at St John’s on Fridays
- Baby Clinic is 1-2pm
- Midwife appointments 1-3pm.
Parks & Outdoor Spaces
Enjoy a sunny day or wrap up warm and get out for some fresh air. Kidlington has some lovely open spaces to enjoy.
Parkhill Recreation Ground just off Benmead Road
Orchard Play Park has a great pirate ship
Exeter Park is the largest of the ones in Kidlington itself
There’s a nice short circular route by St Mary’s Church, just short enough but exciting enough for little legs. If the weather is dry, you can get a buggy around but it’s not so easy on a wet and muddy day. Starting at the car park behind St Mary’s church, choose one of the gates and follow the path around in a circle until you’re back at the other gate.
Jump & Jiggle soft play at the leisure centre is teeny tiny compared to most, but if you’re just looking for a quick half hour or so then it’s great value at £1.50.
Kidlington has a growing number of classes suitable for under 5s, most running just in term time. Here’s a selection but we’re adding more on a regular basis so keep coming back for latest updates.
- Tots Play Baby Development
- Tots Play Discovery Tots
- Tots Play Social Tots
- Little Monkeys
- Little Monkeys Gym
- Postnatal Pilates with Finnigan Fitness (Yarnton)
- Ride On Time (Yarnton)
- Tots Bounce
- Little Ninjas
- Little Kickers
- Bump & Beyond Exercise class (bring your babies and older kids welcome too)
- Rattle Box (Summertown)