Here’s how to make easy homemade butterfly masks using craft foam sheets and elastic.
You will need:
- Coloured craft foam sheets (try The Works, Hobbycraft etc)
- Strong white glue
- Hole punch
How to make a butterfly mask:
- Cut out the shape of the butterfly as in the photograph. You can make a template by folding a piece of paper in half, drawing half a butterfly on one side then cutting out to create a symmetrical shape. Try using a pair of kid’s sunglasses to help judge the spacing for the eye holes.
- Cut out shapes to decorate your butterfly mask. You could use craft foam for this or other jewels/embellishments.
- Use a hole punch (or a skewer) to make a hole at each side of the mask.
- Attach elastic through the holes to complete your mask.