We love Aussie animals! Here’s how to make a cute koala on a candy cane. This Australiana craft project makes a brilliant Christmas tree decoration or gift for friends. You could adapt the design to make a brown bear or panda on candy cane decoration.
You will need:
- Candy cane
- Card (we used silver, white and black but you could use plain white and colour in with pens)
- Googly eyes
- Scissors, tape, glue
If you just want to skip out the crafting and buy your own gorgeous koala Christmas tree decoration, you’ve got to check out the ones from Chameleon & Co.
How to make the koala on a candy cane decoration:
- Fold the card inside out.
- Draw a koala with arms touching the fold line.
- Cut out both layers (the arms should be joined over the fold) and turn the right way round.
- We cut off the head on the back of the koala to give a neater shape.
- Cut out innners for the ears from white card and a long nose from black card. Stick on to make the koala’s face and add googly eyes.
- Stick the candy cane between the arms (like the koala is hugging the candy cane) with tape.
- Glue the front and back koala body, sandwiching the candy cane.