Here’s how to make a candy cane mouse. The candy cane becomes the mouse tail. The cute mouse makes an adorable Christmas gift. We made a whole family of candy cane mice and are planning to use ours for table decorations at the Christmas table. You could also write a name on the side of the mouse for a table place name.
You will need:
- Candy Cane
- Coloured card
- Pens, scissors, sticky tape, glue
- Googly eyes
How to make the candy cane mouse:
- Fold a piece of card and cut out a curved shape through both layers across the fold.
- Cut out a set of ears on a single piece of card and a set of ear inners in a contrasting colour.
- Cut a slit perpendicular to the fold in the body of the mouse where you want the ears to go. You can then slide the ears into the fold.
- Draw on whiskers, a nose, and stick on google eyes.
- Tape the candy cane along the inside of the fold to create a mouse tail.