What's on in the UK
- This event has passed.
Sandy Lane Farm Lambing Sunday
29 March, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm£2
Celebrate spring and the arrival of the new lambs on our traditional working farm. See the new born lambs with their mums in their pens and try and count the number of triplets! Meet farmers Charles and Sue who will tell you how they look after everyone.
Date confirmed at Sunday 29th March but exact details for the date tbc. Here’s what they had last year.
The farm shop will be open & the BBQ will be fired up, serving Sandy Lane Farm burgers & hot dogs. We will also have vegetarian/vegan food available. Horsebox Coffee Co. will be here serving freshly roasted coffees and other hot drinks and Nodene from Shand’s will be serving her delicious cakes.
DIY craft activities for children will be available to do/take away for a small fee.
Entry is £2 a car
Access to the car parking field is easiest via Milton Common where Sandy Lane is wider.
Please drive very slowly in and out of the car parking field.
We are a small, traditional mixed organic working farm and we rely on friends and family to help us on our Open Days. If we are busy, please bear with us as we try to manage the day.
– You are strongly advised to stay away from ewes during lambing season if you are pregnant.
– Children must be supervised by their parent/guardian at all times.
– There are uneven surfaces everywhere on the farm.
– The farm yards may be muddy – suitable footwear/welly-wearing highly recommended!
- Sorry no dogs. Please note that we have a farm dog who may be out and is allowed to roam freely.
– Hand washing is essential after touching gates, straw/hay fences etc on the farm & before eating. Plenty of hand washing facilities are located around the farm. reat