What’s On In Oxfordshire & Berkshire
- This event has passed.
Where to visit Santa in Oxfordshire 2018
17 November, 2018 - 24 December, 2018
Christmas is a magical time for kids and meeting Father Christmas is a highlight of the year for little ones. There are lots of Christmas experiences, Santa Grottos and special events on all around Oxfordshire. Prices and activities vary greatly so we’ve rounded up a good selection of what’s on and where to visit Santa in Oxfordshire in 2018. For more great ideas, check out our guides for Berkshire and Buckinghamshire too.
RED KITE DAYS RECOMMENDATION
Visit Santa in his grotto at Roves Farm and meet his Elves in their workshop. They also have their traditional and super fun nativity play where the kids get to dress up and take part in the barn with real animals making an appearance. My boys had a great time last year and we got chatting to a grandmother who said it was their family tradition to come to Roves Farm and that she had taken her children every year and now her first grandchild! That’s a pretty big recommendation in my book. Children can also make glittery crafts to take home as well as all the great attractions both indoors and out.
Where to Visit Santa in Oxfordshire 2018
- 25/11 Father Christmas in his grotto at the Banbury Christmas lights switch on and market. There’s no fixed price to meet Santa, it’s by donation. There will also be live music along with dance, choir & pantomime performances (and grown ups might just enjoy some festive drinks).
- Banbury Museum – details to be included once confirmed
Chipping Norton – 1/2 – 24/12 weekends at Fairytale Farm. Children can meet Santa in his indoor fairytale grotto and receive a present, join in with various Christmas activities, enjoy all the usual Fairytale Farm attractions.
- Dec weekends plus Christmas eve- festive day out with Thomas at the Didcot Railway Centre.
- 24/11 – Father Christmas will be making an appearance at the Christmas Bazaar being held at Manor School.
Frilford – Santa’s Grotto at Millets Farm – 17/11 – 24/12 one of the major visit Santa experiences in the county, this even books up quickly especially for weekends close to Christmas.
Kidlington 29/11 – Santas Grotto will be at the Kidlington Christmas lights switch on along with everything from funfair rides to Christmas stilt walkers and an animal petting corner.
Long Hanborough – 9/12 & 16/12 visit Santa in his grotto and go on a vintage bus ride at the Oxford Bus Museum.
Morton in Marsh – 24/11 Santa will make an appearance at the Christmas market and lights switch on
Nuneham Courtney (nr Oxford) – The Notcutts Garden Centre have a whole host of Santa experiences going on from November through to Christmas eve from Father Christmas’ arrival to breakfast with Santa.
Oxford -selected dates between 8/12-24/12 enjoy Stories with Santa at the New Theatre Oxford
Thame – 30/11 come and see Santa this year in his grotto at the lovely community event in Thame when the Christmas lights are turned on.
- 8/12 & 9/12 Father Christmas will be coming to Cogges for the Christmas Market. His grotto will be in a fabulous and festival steam engine this year. Booking is essential, via the Cogges website, and everyone will be able to listen to a story, meet santa and receive a small gift.
- 9/12 and 16/12 enjoy a traditional Christmas Carvery at Eynsham Hall near Witney. There will be balloon modelling, a magician, a chocolate fountain and a visit from our guest of honour, Father Christmas himself. There will even be a special gift from Santa for all the children to take home.
- 21/12-23/12 Santa will be at Marriotts Walk in Witney along with free entertainment.
Woodstock – last year Father Christmas appeared at the Christmas light switch on. Check back and as soon as we have details they’ll be included.
Yarnton – weekends from 24/11 – 23/12 the Oxford Garden & Shopping Village has a Santa’s Grotto each year and it’s great value at just £5 for kids and free for adults. As well as a visit with Santa, kids can watch the polar express movie and more.