Academies of Sport run inspiring sports coaching academies for children aged 7-16 at various Oxfordshire venues during the school holidays.
- Led by inspiring international coaches
- Booked as 2 to 4 day long academies
- Structured coaching for all levels
- Drop off 8:45am to 9:30am
- Collect 3:30pm to 4:15pm
- Q&A session with coaches
- Game or performance for parents to watch on last day
The Hockey Academy with International Stars will take place at Cranford House in Wallingford on 29th to 31st August (3 days).
A unique opportunity to be coached by an international hockey star and first-class coaches! This intensive programme introduces up-to-date skills and strategies with extensive game play to allow young players to develop and apply new techniques.
The Hockey Academies will provide a unique opportunity to be coached by some of the country’s leading players and coaches. This is an intensive programme based on the way the Premier League players perform and prepare. The most up-to-date skills and strategies will be introduced and extensive game play will allow young players to develop and apply new techniques creatively and confidently.
The Academy will cover:
- Creating confident stick work
- Powerful hitting on the run
- Backhand skills in attack and defence
- Distributing the ball with vision
- Jab and block tackles
- Developing three dimensional skills
- Modern penalty corner strategies
- Tactics from the International game
- Specialist goal scoring session