One of the easiest way to decorate an Easter egg especially for little ones, is decoupage. Slather on the glue, stick on the paper and hey presto, you have easy decorated decoupage Easter eggs.
You could make lots of these and hang them from a branch for a homemade Easter decoration.
What you’ll need to make easy decoupage Easter eggs:
- 1 egg
- White school glue
- Decoupage paper or thin wrapping paper
- Ribbon to hang (optional)
- Tape (optional)
How to make easy decoupage Easter eggs:
- If you want to hang the egg as a decoration, you’ll need to blow it first or use a craft paper one which you can buy in places like Hobbycraft. Make a loop of ribbon and tape to the top of the egg. Otherwise, just hard boil the egg and allow to cool.
- Cut up the decoupage or thin wrapping paper into small strips.
- Brush glue onto the egg and stick on the paper pieces.
- Add more glue over the top so it’s well stuck down. White PVA school glue will dry clear so don’t worry about using too much.
- Leave to dry.
You can also use tissue paper and why not stuck on some sparkly bits to decorate and give a jeweled effect.
For more Easter crafts and recipes the kids will love, check out our guide.