Here’s how to make your own bath bombs or bath fizzers. They’re fun to make and use – drop one into the bath and watch it spin and fizz! They would make a lovely homemade gift for a friend or for Mother’s Day.
You will need:
- 1/2 cup Epsom salts
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1 tsp. water
- 2 tsp. essential oil or vanilla/peppermint essence
- 3 tsp. oil (olive oil)
- A squeeze of food coloring gel
- Silicone mould (our starfish mould is a silicone ice cube tray from IKEA)
How to make Bath Bombs:
- Put all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix them with a whisk.
- In a separate bowl, mix the oils, water and food colouring.
- Add a spoonful of the wet mix to the dry mix and whisk in quickly. Keep adding the wet mix in one spoonful at a time.
- When combined thoroughly, take a spoonful of the bath bomb mix and press it into an ice cube tray. Press it in firmly and then press more mix on top until the mould is full. It should be tightly packed in.
- Leave the bath bombs to harden for 24 hours in a dry place, then pop out the bath bombs. You can store them in an airtight container.
To use the bath bomb, pop one into water. Watch it fizz and spin in the bath. Try using different colours, mould shapes and scents to create a beautiful gift.