We had great fun making our own Christmas crackers this year. These ones don’t bang but we had fun picking our own jokes and treats to put inside.
You will need:
- Toilet roll tubes
- A4 coloured tissue paper sheets (ours came from The Works)
- Sweets/ small toys to go inside the cracker
- Paper to write jokes/fortunes on
- Curly wrapping ribbon
How to make your own Christmas crackers:
- Write a joke out on a piece of paper. We also put in a fortune cookie style message.
- Put the joke, toy and sweet into the toilet roll tube.
- Cute zig zags out on both short ends of the A4 tissue paper sheet.
- Roll the filled toilet roll tube in the tissue paper with the zig zags at each end.
- Tie each end next to the tube with some curly wrapping ribbon.
- You could also decorate the outside with some sticky stars or other decorations.