Flatbreads are quick and easy to make which makes them a great recipe for kids. You can eat them warm and soft straight from the pan with a yummy filling or cook them until crisp and use as a healthier option to crisps for dipping. You could even use them as a base for flatbread pizzas.
This recipe is enough to make 4 medium sized flatbreads and just needs basic ingredients you would have in your store cupboard (unless they’ve been panic bought up during the Coronvirus pandemic!)
Easy Flatbread Ingredients
- 125g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- Warm water
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
How to Make Flatbread
- Use your hands to mix together the flour, pinch of salt and a little warm water.
- Keeping adding warm water until the dough forms into a ball. If it gets too sticky suddenly you can just add a little more flour.
- Add the sunflower oil and knead the dough.
- Wrap loosely in clingfilm and leave for 20 minutes. I’ve had a look at various recipes and this seems to be optional but it gave us time to tidy up a bit.
- Divide the dough into 4.
- Roll each one out nice and thin. The first flatbread we rolled out was a bit on the thick side and didn’t taste as great as the others.
- Place in a hot dry frying pan (no oil needed) and cook on both sides. They’ll bubble and puff up a little.
3 simple ingredients to make flatbreads – flour, oil and salt (and a little warm water)