Pancakes are fun to make and great to eat all year round – not just on Pancake Day! Here’s a foolproof pancake batter recipe which doesn’t include sugar. Try a filling of cheese and ham to make savoury crepes – or spread with honey, chocolate spread or classic lemon and sugar for a sweet treat. This batter recipe will make crepe style pancakes. Just add less milk if you prefer thicker pancakes.
What you will need:
- 100g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 300ml milk
- Pinch of salt
- Tsp oil
- A little butter to fry the pancakes
How to make it:
- Add the eggs to the flour.
- Add the salt and oil.
- Add half of the milk and whisk to get a smooth thick batter.
- Thin the batter down with the remainder of the milk.
- Melt a little butter in a non-stick frying pan and add a ladle full of the pancake batter. Swirl the mix until it covers the bottom of the pan completely.
- When the top of the pancake starts to set and air bubbles appear, flip the pancake over.
- When golden on both sides, fill with your favourite topping and serve.