My kids love to bake but don’t always have the patience to make something too time consuming or complicated. These simple vanilla cookies are quick and easy to make and with the rainbow sprinkles, they look great too.
You will need:
(Makes 12 cookies)
- 90g softened butter
- 25g golden caster sugar
- 50g icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g plain flour
- Rainbow sprinkles
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 180c fan.
- Put the butter, caster sugar, half of the icing sugar, egg yolk and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Add half the flour and mix through and then add the rest of the flower and mix.
- Form the dough into 12 balls and squish down slightly to flatten them into a cookie shape.
- Place on a tray and bake in the oven for up to 15 minutes.
- Once golden, remove from the oven and allow to fully cool on a wire rack.
- Mix the other half of the icing sugar (25g) with enough water to make a thick icing paste.
- Dip half a cookie in the icing sugar and then into the rainbow sprinkles to decorate. Leave the icing sugar to firm up before eating if your kids can’t wait that long.
These also make a lovely colourful gift. Why not put them in a plastic gift bag and tie.