Here’s a quick and easy recipe for Rocky Road – a delicious chocolate slice with chunks of biscuit and marshmallows – yum! My kids loved making this – especially smashing up the biscuits with a rolling pin! We included Maltesers in our recipe but you could try adding dried fruit, nuts or other sweets to make your own creation.
Rocky Road Ingredients:
(Makes around 12-16 small slices)
- 200g Chocolate (we used milk chocolate but you could also try dark chocolate)
- 200g Digestive biscuits
- 135g Butter
- 100g Mini marshmallows (or cut up large marshmallows into chunks)
- 1 packet Maltesers
- 3 tbsp Golden Syrup
How To Make Rocky Road:
- Line a baking tin with baking paper.
- Put the Digestive biscuits into a bag and have fun smashing with a rolling pin! Aim for a mix of fine crumbs and larger chunks.
- Melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup over a low heat in a pan.
- Switch off the heat and add the crushed biscuits, mini marshmallows and Maltesers.
- Stir well then press the mixture into the baking tray.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours then cut into slices.