Stepping Stones Toddler Group meets in the Harry Lewis Hall at Didcot Baptist Church Centre on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings between 9.30am and 11.15am.
Stepping-Stones Toddler Group is a group for under 3’s and their parents/carers and is run by a group of volunteers. We are a church based group. We are supported by friends and family at Didcot Baptist Church. We hope that you’ll feel at home here and make some new friends.
A typical session:
We run a fairly structured session here at the toddler group.
- Time for open play
- Drinks and biscuits for everyone preceded by a simple prayer with the children – we ask that you encourage your child to join in by joining in yourself. Once or twice a term we have a fruit week instead of biscuits.
- Craft Activity. These activities are designed for you and your child to do together so please supervise your child with the activity if you are able to do so. Help is always on hand for those who can’t.
- At about 11am we tidy the toys away.
- Singing – nursery rhymes, action songs including some that we sing in Church. We also have a collection of musical instruments to shake and bang!
- In dry weather we have access to a safe garden with a sand pit and water tray (in the summer), a play house and a variety of ride on toys.
- We are maintaining our links with Stepping Stones Preschool.
How to find us:
We meet in the Harry Lewis Hall at Didcot Baptist Church Centre. Follow the path to the left of the building (if standing looking at the building), you will walk around the back of the church, enter through the double glass doors and turn right into the hall.
Please fasten the green gate securely behind you with both catches.
A small charge per family is made for attending the group. This helps us to cover the cost of refreshments and craft materials.
- A changing area is available inside the disabled toilet in the entrance corridor.
- Please place bagged dirty nappies in the bin provided.
- If you need to warm baby milk please ask a member of the team for assistance.
- Pushchairs can be put in the link corridor. (If your child is asleep, please feel free to bring them into the hall in their pushchair)
We are proud of the fact that we are an inclusive group and in order to maintain that, we limit our numbers and operate a waiting list. If you have friends who would like to come as well, we will be happy to add them to the list.
If you are unable to join us for a period of time, please let us know. If there is anything we can do to help you, please speak to one of the team.
We would like to remind you that whilst you are at toddler group, you are responsible for your own children. The team are very willing to help out as necessary, but do have to coordinate the session as well.
We will be hold a fire drill at least once a term. When the alarm is raised, please leave the building promptly, taking your child/ children with you. Do not wait to collect belongings or coats. Leave via the fire door in the hall or nearest exit. Assemble in the church car park and the register will be taken. We appreciate your cooperation in these safety measures.