If you’ve got a baby or toddler, you’re probably in a nice little routine with the baby and toddler groups you go to on a regular basis and perhaps some fun classes too. The school holiday means many of these groups and classes wrap up and six weeks of summer can feel like a very long time.
I’ve done a good search around and here’s what’s I’ve been able to find on what’s running over the summer for little ones. If you’re running a toddler group or class on certain dates over the holidays, you can let us know as firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll add it on.
Brand new to Bicester and running through the summer on Mondays and Fridays is Twinkle Starz. Classes help encourage and stimulate the 5 senses by practising a variety of skills and activities on a weekly basis. These include movements to songs, to stimulate learning and development, making music can also relieve stress. Click here for more info and to book.
There is also a HUGE Red Kite Days guide to what’s on where this summer for kids with family friendly events happening all over Oxfordshire and beyond.. Don’t forget to check it out.
Many of these sessions book up really quickly so please CHECK directly if there is space before turning up.
Abingdon & Didcot
- Mess Around Messy Play Supermess (Abingdon) 04/08
- Time 2 Bounce will continue their Tuesday sessions through the summer (Didcot)
- Fit & Healthy Mums have a number of sessions running through the summer where from Pilates & Tots, Buggfit and a summer family bootcamp.
- Shake & Make Club summer special (Cholsey) 02/08
- Boogie Beat summer roadshow in Abingdon and Gove 16/08 and at DWP 15/08
- Trainmaster play session (Didcot) 25/08
- Tickles for Pickles baby massage sessions on 30th August. 10:00-11:15 and 1:00-2:15. These are for pre-mobile babies from 4/6 weeks. Great opportunity for those who haven’t done it before to give baby massage a try, before the regular classes start in September.
- Mess Around Messy Play Supermess 08/08
- Funky Kids will be running their fun session in Banbury. Check out their Facebook page for more details.
- Twinkle Starz is brand new to Bicester and running through the summer on Mondays and Fridays . Classes help encourage and stimulate the 5 senses by practising a variety of skills and activities on a weekly basis. These include movements to songs, to stimulate learning and development, making music can also relieve stress.
- Ride On Time – super ride on fun for under 5’s. Their summer session are extremely popular so booking in advance is highly recommended. 06/08 and 29/08
- Ready 2 Tumble are running their popular soft play stay & play session 02/08, 09/08, 16/08
- Cha Char Chimps are having a family fun day to celebrate their 1st birthday with a bouncy castle, Cha Char Chimp shows and Ride On Time will be there too! 18/08
- Crafty Cooks – small & friendly classes for ages 2.5+ running on Tuesdays
- Thirteen – will running their story time as usual and bigger siblings are welcome too. They’ll have extra games, boards games out and home made playdough, colouring and word searches to keep them busy whilst the little ones sing, play and have a story…. 1st, 8th, 22nd, 29th Aug
- Peekaboos special summer session 02/08 – sold out
- Park Play in Upper Heyford will be running during the summer holidays with lots of soft play fun Park Play is a baby and toddler group based in the community centre in Heyford Park. Tuesday & Friday mornings 10-11.30 (except the 1st Friday of the month)
£1 per family. Check their facebook page in advance for any changes.
- Melody Music Messy Music – join in for music and messy play 30/07 – sold out contact directly to go on cancellation list
- Melody Music big summer party 05/08 – sold out contact directly to go on cancellation list
- One Fit Mama Bicester will continue classes through the summer, mum & babies/mum & toddlers and all older siblings are also welcome t00.
- Tackley Toddler Group runs through the summer (Tackley)
- Free Flow Yoga classes run through the holidays. Their toddler yoga class (2- 5 years) runs on a Monday morning at the Kingsmere community centre.
- Tots French will be running their classes for under 1’s on Wednesdays through the summer.
- Mini Energize for 3-5 years olds in Shipton-Under-Wychwood
- Little Wild Things summer sessions (Charlbury)
- Sing and Sign Babes summer course
- Sing & Sign summer special 15/08
Kidlington, Yarnton & Woodstock
- Ride On Time – super ride on fun for under 5’s. Their summer session are extremely popular so booking in advance is highly recommended. 31/07 and 28/08
- The regular sessions run by the Kidlington Community Hub at St John’s Church in Kidlington will continue through the summer except for the ‘Now I Am Two’ group.
- Tackley Toddler Group runs through the summer (Tackley)
- Bump & Beyond have a great exercise classes for Mums on Friday mornings and kids can come too. They run right through the holidays and if you have school aged children they’re welcome too. I’ve often gone along and with a few toys out of the kids, I can get some exercise and they have fun too.
- The Story Frog – running every Wednesday in August with lots of fun, summery activities (hopefully outdoors!) and some lovely stories. It’s a great opportunity to give your little one a little phonics boost before they start/go back to school in September! Older siblings are more than welcome (as well as younger, of course). Siblings under 18 months are absolutely free, and any extra siblings can come along for just £3 each! Please book for as many children as you’re bringing as they have limited numbers.
- Mess Around Messy Play Supermess 22/08
- Toddles & Waddles – a free walking group for parents and sprogs – running on Fridays.
- Oxsrad Tots summer sessions 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd & 30th August
- Music Bugs summer holiday sessions.
- Toddler Sense at Dean’s Court Community Centre in Botley have a couple of summer sessions
Monday 19th August – 9.45am New Explorers (13months to 2 years) and 11am Adventurers (2 to 4 years)Monday 2nd September – 9.45am New Explorers (13months to 2 years) and 11am Adventurers (2 to 4 years)
- Toddler Sense at The Pine Lodge, Little Milton
Thursday 29th August – 9.45am New Explorers (13months to 2 years) and 11am Adventurers (2 to 4 years)
- Baby Sensory will be running a summer specials later this month, at The Silver Band Hall, Cowley on Fri 23rd Aug
- Tackley Toddler Group runs through the summer
- Cha Cha Chimps will be running on Fridays. Check the event section on their website for more details.
- Baby Sensory will be running a summer specials later this month, at The Rugby Club, Thame on Tues 20th Aug
- Thame Music Academy baby & toddler sessions run on Thursdays
- Ride On Time – super ride on fun for under 5’s. Their summer session are extremely popular so booking in advance is highly recommended. 02/08 and 16/08
- Sign and Sign summer special (Eynsham) 29/08