Didcot is jam packed with loads of fun things to do with under 5’s. If you’re looking for ideas for your pre-schooler then look no further. If there’s anything missing, please let us know at email@example.com or leave a message on our facebook page.
Many classes, baby and toddler groups don’t run the school holidays. Make sure you check before you go and click on the links below for more information.
Baby & Toddler Groups in Didcot
Baby and toddler groups are a great low cost activity. When you’re just starting out, they’re a great place to meet other mums with babies, make friends and gives you a focus to get out of the house. The baby & toddler groups usually involve a mix of music, crafts, toys and refreshments which is perfect for when your little one is looking for a bit more stimulation. There’s something on each day of the week in and around Didcot. Have a look further down at the classes section too as some of them are pay as you go.
Many baby and toddler groups only run during term time. Click on the links below for more details on times and costs.
- Stepping Stones Toddler Group
- Stepping Stones Baby Group (0-18 months)
- Ladygrove Church Toddler Group
- Rainbow Baby & Toddler Group
- Chilton Village Baby & Toddler Group
- Child Health Clinic
- Coffee & Kids
- Rhymetime at Didcot Library (free)
- Messy Church (2nd Sat of the month)
Baby & Toddler Classes in Didcot
There are so many classes to choose from in Didcot whether you’re looking for something sporting, creative or a bonding time with your baby. Here’s a selection of what’s available but keep visiting the website as we’re adding more every day.
Parks & Outdoor Spaces in and around Didcot
Enjoy a sunny day or wrap up warm and get out for some fresh air. Didcot and the nearby towns and villages have some lovely open spaces to enjoy. We only include places we’ve been and can personally recommend so will keep adding places on a regular basis.
We still need to visit parks in Didcot and would love your recommendations.
- Take a walk, cycle or scoot along the Didcot-Upton Art Trail. This car-free stretch is about 3 miles long. At the end, you’ll find Upton playground which is better suited to older children, although there is a small additional playground by the village hall with equipment for younger children.
- Moulsford Playpark (about 6 miles away) – a natural wooden playground with some unusual and fun equipment
- Abbey Meadows Playground (Abingdon) – A £320,000 investment has created a brilliant playground for kids of all ages in a beautiful setting by the river.
- The Earth Trust Centre (about 3 miles away) – there are great family events, walks and courses throughout the year, including lambing weekends.
- Millets Farm Centre (Frilford) – free to visit and play in the playground, feed the ducks and see a few animals. They also have regular events running during school holidays and PYO in the summer.
Days Trips close to Didcot
- The Living Rainforest – great for a cold day as it’s warm and tropical inside. If your little one is walking, bring wellies as puddles form on the pathways which are great to splash in but not if they get their shoes completely soaked!
- Beale Park – with a lovely little train, plenty of animal, a play park and paddling pool, this makes a great day out.
- The ball run at Basildon Park is a good value trip if you have National Trust membership. It’s not too far away and during the warmer months they have brilliant ball runs and plenty of space for picnics.