Here’s a fun little craft project to create your own spoon caterpillar. Have fun sorting through a box of buttons to find the right sizes and colours of button for your creation. It’s a fun craft project to make with kids if you’re reading The Hungry Caterpillar or learning about the life cycle of a butterfly.
You will need:
- Disposable wooden cutlery spoon
- Card/stickers for eyes or googly eyes.
How to make a spoon caterpillar:
- Paint th eback of the spoon in any colours you wish.
- Add buttons along the body of the spoon, sticking on with glue. We used PVA glue which takes a while to dry. However you could also try using a hot glue gun or even a strip of double sided tape.
- Add round stickers for eyes or stick on googly eyes. You could also draw on with a marker pen.
- Add antennae cut from card.
Your spoon caterpillar is now complete. Why not make a whole family of different coloured caterpillars? Try using a mix of teaspoosn and tablespoons to create different sizes for your caterpillar family