Are you looking for where the best lambing days are are in 2023 in Oxfordshire, Berkshire and nearby counties?
Spring is such a lovely time of the year, with the long winter nights going, new buds on the trees and best of all, the lambing season. It’s a great experience for kids to visit a farm and delight at meeting these adorable lambs. There are lots of places around Oxfordshire and Berkshire to meet newborn lambs and at some places you can even bottle feed them.
Here are a selection of the best lambing days around Oxfordshire and Berkshire and we’ll keep adding more. Some of the farms have lambing everyday and others are just special weekend events. Many places also have other activities going on so you can make it a full fun family day out with the kids.
Roves Farm is one of my favourite places to take my kids to see the lambs. The lambing season got underway again this year in January with dates too in February and March. It’s one of my favourite times of year! The picture at the top was from one of our previous visits.
Spend some time on the viewing walkway looking out over the lambing shed as the day’s action unfolds. You may be lucky enough to see a lamb or three being born!
Best Lambing Days in Oxfordshire & Berkshire 2023
- Roves Farm – January lambing takes place 3rd to 11th Jan, then again 8th-11th February and finally the spring lambing season from 15th to 31st March. There’s also all the usual fun on the farm with indoor play and outdoor activities for a full fun family day out.
- Earth Trust – the annual lambing festival at the Earth Trust has been cancelled for the last few years but it’s BACK for 2023 on 25 – 26th March and 1st – 2nd April 2023
- The Old Farm Shop – the lambing weekends will take place on 18th-19th and 25th-26th March with fun extra activities. Free to attend but a donation and purchase from the shop appreciated. (Milton Hill, nr Abingdon)
- Live Lambing at Cotswold Farm Park until 24th April 2023
- Farmer Gows – open for lamb cuddles from Fri to Sun throughout March 2023. (Longcot near Faringdon)
- Daylesford Farm – hop on a tractor and enjoy a lambing trou on 13th April 2023
- Broughton Grounds Farm Lambing Afternoons will take place on Easter Saturday 8th April. (Banbury)
- Millers Ark Animals – the first lambing weekend of 2023 takes places on 4th-5th and then 18th – 19th March as well as separate adult only lambing days. (Hook near Basingstoke)
- Bishops Court Farm is free to visit and has wonderful walks. Lambing open days take place on Sunday 12th March and Sunday 2nd April (Dorchester on Thames)
- Warriner School Farm – their fundraising 2023 lambing event open afternoon will take place on the afternoons of 4th – 5th March.
- Hadsham Farm (near Banbury) – See the lambs being born (hopefully!), cuddle a pet lamb, hold a chick, see the piglets, sensory walk and outdoor play area. Plus group feeding of the pet lambs at the end of your session. 25th/26th March then everyday 1st – 16th April 2023
- Hogshaw Farm – there’s always lambs to meet in from January onwards through spring at Hogshaw Farm & Wildlife park and a really great fun day out with kids.
- Buckleberry Farm – lambing season returns to Bucklebury Farm 2nd – 15th April
- Live Lambing at Cotswold Farm Park – with over 800 lambs due, the Cotswold Farm Park lambing event is one of the largest in the country. Starting from 10th Feb and then usually right through until near the end of April.
- Odds Farm Park – fall in love this February and experience Odds Farm Park new-born lambs take their very first steps at Little Hooves Lamb Nursery from 11th – 19th Feb.
- Foxglove Farm – head on down to the farm on 8th – 9th for the Foxglove Farm lambing weekend. There will be hot food and tractor farm tours too. (Inkpen near Hungerford)
- High Lodge Farm – not a traditional lambing event but they have a great Easter trail running this year which last year finished next to a huge field of ewes and their lambs.
- Sandy Lane Farm – tbc
- Moreton Barn – dates tbc with money raised going to the Thames Valley Air Ambulance. (Thame)
We’d love to see your pictures and recommendations for best lambing days. Come and visit our facebook page and share with everyone.