Are you looking for where the best lambing days are in 2020 in Buckinghamshire and nearby?
Spring is such a lovely time of the year, with the long winter nights going, new buds on the trees and best of all, the lambing season. It’s a great experience for kids to visit a farm and delight at meeting these adorable lambs. There are lots of places around Buckinghamshire to meet newborn lambs and at some places you can even bottle feed them.
Here are a selection of the best lambing days around Buckinghamshire and we’ll keep adding more. Some of the farms have lambing everyday and others are just special weekend events. Many places also have other activities going on so you can make it a full fun family day out with the kids.
Best Lambing Days around Buckinghamshire
The big lambing event at Green Dragon Eco Farm is their spring lambs – dates tbc Part of a special ‘Spring Babies’ Easter holiday event which includes piglets, goat kids, chicks and ducklings as well.
JC Farming (High Wycombe)
- A very unique VIP experience with small groups of max 30 people. Close up hands on experience, see lambs being born, help out where needed and snuggle up for a bottle feed.
- You can also bottle feed lambs during the Easter weekend activities which is super family friendly with tractor rides and more.
Odds Farm Park (Wooburn Common nr High Wycombe)
- This February half term 30 ewes are expect to lamb and the very popular bottle feeding kid goats is back too.
Orchard View Farm (Little Meadle)
- TBC There will be a number of events from lambing days to a full open farm and even a sausage and cider festival. Details to be confirmed.
Rookery Open Farm (Towcester)
- Their lambing season runs from 16th March – 20th April with lots of other fun attractions on the farm for all the family to enjoy. A good one to head to if you’re in Milton Keynes.
Mead Open Farm (Billington, nr Leighton Buzzard)
- Meet adorable newborns in the Lamb Nursery this Feb half term, watch the fleecy friends take their first steps and get up close to bottle feed the older lambs. You might even be lucky enough to see one being born!
Moreton Barn (Thame)
- The lambing weekend at Moreton Barn near Thame on the border with Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire, dates tbc. Run by volunteers to raise money for the Air Ambulance, entry is free with donations making a huge difference to their fund raising.
Watergate Farm (Hockliffe nr Leighton Buzzard)
- The farm will be open again during the peak Lambing Season (Spring). Visitors can hold the lambs and see a modern sheep farm at work. With over 2000 sheep to give birth, it is a great chance to see lambs actually being born, taking those first few steps and suckling their mothers for the first time.
Old Dairy Farm – (Upper Stowe, Northamptonshire)
Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th March
Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd March
Saturday 28th & Sunday 29th March
Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th April
Manor Farm (Wilstead, Bedfordshire)
- Awaiting details
We’d love to see your pictures and recommendations for best lambing days. Come and visit our facebook page and share with everyone. For ideas further afield we have a lambing days guide for Oxfordshire & Berkshire as well as Surrey.