Are you looking for where the best lambing days are are in 2019 in Buckinghamshire and nearby?
Spring is such a lovely time of the year, with the long winter nights going, new buds on the trees and best of all, the lambing season. It’s a great experience for kids to visit a farm and delight at meeting these adorable lambs. There are lots of places around Buckinghamshire to meet newborn lambs and at some places you can even bottle feed them.
Here are a selection of the best lambing days around Buckinghamshire and we’ll keep adding more. Some of the farms have lambing everyday and others are just special weekend events. Many places also have other activities going on so you can make it a full fun family day out with the kids.
Best Lambing Days around Buckinghamshire
The big lambing event at Green Dragon Eco Farm is their spring lambs – 6th to 22nd April. Part of a special ‘Spring Babies’ Easter holiday event which includes piglets, goat kids, chicks and ducklings as well.
If you check out their Facebook page they’ve already got some adorable lambs making their appearance.
JC Farming (High Wycombe)
- A VIP lambing experience on a real working farm, running first 2 weekends of April. Spaces limited so booking in advance essential.
Odds Farm Park (Wooburn Common nr High Wycombe)
- This February half term 30 ewes are expect to lamb and the very popular bottle feeding kid goats is back too.
Orchard View Farm (Little Meadle)
- There will be a number of events from lambing days to a full open farm and even a sausage and cider festival. Details to be confirmed in the New Year so check back soon.
Rookery Open Farm (Towcester)
- Their lambing season runs from 17th March – 20th April
Mead Open Farm (Billington, nr Leighton Buzzard)
- Meet adorable newborns in the Lamb Nursery, watch the fleecy friends take their first steps and get up close to bottle feed the older lambs. You might even be lucky enough to see one being born!
Moreton Barn (Thame)
- The lambing weekend at Moreton Barn near Thame on the border with Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire, will take place on Easter Sunday and Monday 21st & 22nd April. Run by volunteers to raise money for the Air Ambulance, entry is free with donations making a huge difference to their fund raising.
Watergate Farm (Hockliffe nr Leighton Buzzard)
- The farm will be open again during the peak Lambing Season (Spring). Visitors can hold the lambs and see a modern sheep farm at work. With over 2000 sheep to give birth, it is a great chance to see lambs actually being born, taking those first few steps and suckling their mothers for the first time.
Old Dairy Farm – (Upper Stowe, Northamptonshire)
- Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th March
Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th March
Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th March
Saturday 30th & Sunday 31st March
Manor Farm (Wilstead, Bedfordshire)
- Awaiting details
We’d love to see your pictures and recommendations for best lambing days. Come and visit our facebook page and share with everyone. For ideas further afield we have a lambing days guide for Oxfordshire & Berkshire as well as Surrey.