This watermelon shark is a great addition to a kids party table or summer BBQ. Filled with fruit, it makes a great healthy alternative to your traditional party food.
You will need:
- Lychees and red grapes for eyes
- Cocktail sticks
- Fruit to fill the watermelon shark (try grapes, strawberries, orange segments etc)
- Knife for carving
How to make the watermelon shark:
- Cut a wedge out of the watermelon to make the mouth.
- Save three slices from the cut out wedge and cut these into triangles to make shark fins.
- Hollow out some of the watermelon from the wedge – enough to be able to add in fruit.
- Cut triangle teeth into the edges of the shark’s mouth.
- To make the eyes, press a red grape into a lychee and fix onto the shark’s head with a cocktail stick.
- Fill the sharks mouth with pieces of fruit.