Here’s an easy blueberry cake recipe. My kids enjoyed pressing the blueberries into the cake mix before it went in the oven. You could also try other berries.
Blueberry Cake Ingredients:
- 150g soft butter
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 200g self raising flour
- Juice of half a lemon
- Blueberries (fresh or frozen – you can also try blackberries, raspberries or blackcurrants)
How to Make Blueberry Cake:
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time along with a spoonful of flour. Then add the rest of the flour gradually and beat together,
- Spoon into a greased tin.
- Press the blueberries onto the top of the cake mix.
- Bake at 180C for about 35-40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cool in tin for 5 mins then turn out.