What's on in the UK
- This event has passed.
What’s On May June Half Term in Oxfordshire
28 May - 5 June
With the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee giving an extra bank holiday, May half term is set to be full of exciting family activities across Oxfordshire. Here’s the Red Kite Days guide to what’s on for kids in Oxfordshire and some great ideas for days out. From Banbury to Abingdon and Thame to Witney, we’ve got it covered! Stretch out a little further and there’s a great guide too for Berkshire and Buckinghamshire too.
Visit Fairytale Farm this May Half Term for a magical ‘Once upon a Unicorn’ week. This mythical creature will sprinkle some colourful magic around the Farm. Come dressed up in anything unicorn-related and receive a sweet treat on arrival! Ribberty Rabbit Crafting will be joining us again so you can get mythically crafty in the Craft Corner. Join in our ‘How to Train a Unicorn’ trail activity and discover some useful training tips!
Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Events
There’s so much going on over the long bank holiday weekend to celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee in Oxfordshire. Check out the special guide with everything from picnics to where the beacons are being lit.
May Half Term Activities Oxfordshire
- Once Upon a Unicorn at Fairytale Farm (Chipping Norton)
- John Lawson circus at Millets Farm (Frilford)
- Phoenix comic fest at The Story Museum (Oxford) 28th – 29th May
- Around the World at Green Dragon Eco Farm 28th May to 5th June
Science Oxford Family Day (Oxford) 28th May
Visit the Science Oxford Centre for a unique family experience every Saturday. Explore, discover and play in hands on science Exploration Zone, pick up an activity sheet and follow the woodland nature trails.
- You Choose interactive musical show at The Story Museum (Oxford) 29th May
- Hedgehog Club half term activity day at Hailey Wood (Witney) 30th May
- Platinum Jubilee celebration at Blenheim Palace (Woodstock) 2nd -5th June
- Blenheim Palace food festival (Woodstock) 2nd – 5th June
- Giffords Circus at Blenheim Palace (Woodstock) 2nd – 6th June
- Music time, meet the animals, outdoor play and pot your own giant sunflower at Roves Farm (Sevenhampton) 28th May – 4th June
- Beale Park may half term activities to be announced soon (Lower Basildon near Pangbourne)
Master Builders Club may half term workshop (Sonning Common)
Master Builders Club are back for May half term on 30th May for another amazing brick building workshop. My son tried it for the first time in April and he absolutely loved it.
- Families in the Forest event at Harcourt Arboretum (Nuneham Courtney) 31st May
- Glo Babies at Banbury Museum (Banbury) 27th May
Peter Pan outdoor theatre at Cogges (Witney) 1st June
An enchanting family tale that will delight audiences of all ages. Laugh, applaud, sing along and watch the magic unfold. And. for the first time ever in an outdoor production, Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie includes REAL flying!
- Your Amazing Brain at Banbury Museum (Banbury) until 5th June
- Cholsey & Wallingford Railway running days for the Queen’s Jubilee 5th – 6th June
- Chilterns Walking Festival fun family walk 21st May to 5th June
- Steam Days at Didcot Railway Centre (Didcot)
- Rhymes Live at the Cornerstone theatre (Didcot) 30th May
- Thame Carnival (Thame) 4th June