I saw a great idea shared in an activities Facebook group on how to make your own indoor crazy golf from Frugal Fun for Boys & Girls and knew that my boys would love this. Years ago, I managed to pick up a huge box of Brio train track from a charity shop so we had plenty to create our own indoor mini golf course.
What You Need
- Toy train track
- Train accessories e.g tunnels
How to Make an Indoor Crazy Golf Course
It’s really quite simple to make your own golf course if you have plenty of train track.
- Lay out a route using the train track to create the borders on each side.
- Leave one end open as the start of your mini golf course.
- Tape a cup on it’s side at the end.
- Add challenges along the way, we had a couple of train tunnels and added a couple of decorated cardboard tubes.
- We didn’t have a mini golf club so made our own using a stick and taping some carboard to the bottom.
- Use a light ball, we found a ping pong ball worked well, but you could use a small bouncy ball too.
Once you’re ready, tap the ball along the golf course and try to get it into the cup at the end. How many times did you have to hit the ball?