Here’s an easy but delicious fairy cake recipe that kids can enjoy making. Once the cakes have cooled, have fun decorating with icing and a selection of toppings – try sprinkles, little sweets or slices of fruit.
(Makes 12- 16 small fairy cakes)
- 115g (4oz) caster sugar
- 115g (4oz) butter
- 115g(4oz) self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- Small paper cupcake cases
How to make the fairy cakes:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Lay out small paper cupcakes cakes on a baking tray.
- Cream the caster sugar and butter together using electric beaters.
- Add the eggs and beat in.
- Add the flour and beat in.
- Put a few spoonfuls of mixture into each paper cupcake case.
- Pop in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes until golden.
Allow the fairy cakes to cool then decorate with icing and other toppings.