Are you looking for where the best lambing days are are in 2019 in Bedfordshire and nearby?
Spring is such a lovely time of the year, with the long winter nights going, new buds on the trees and best of all, the lambing season. It’s a great experience for kids to visit a farm and delight at meeting these adorable lambs. There are lots of places around Bedfordshire to meet newborn lambs and at some places you can even bottle feed them.
Here are a selection of the best lambing days around Bedfordshire and we’ll keep adding more. Some of the farms have lambing everyday and others are just special weekend events. Many places also have other activities going on so you can make it a full fun family day out with the kids.
Best Lambing Days around Bedfordshire
Mead Open Farm (Billington, nr Leighton Buzzard)
- Meet adorable newborns in the Lamb Nursery, watch the fleecy friends take their first steps and get up close to bottle feed the older lambs. You might even be lucky enough to see one being bo
Watergate Farm (Hockliffe nr Leighton Buzzard)
- The farm will be open again during the peak Lambing Season (Spring). Visitors can hold the lambs and see a modern sheep farm at work. With over 2000 sheep to give birth, it is a great chance to see lambs actually being born, taking those first few steps and suckling their mothers for the first time.
Manor Farm (Wilstead)
- Awaiting details
Scald End Farm (Thurleigh)
- Over 300 Organic breeding ewes which are Lynn ewes. The ewes lamb in late March and Scald End Farm hold lambing events and take part in open farm Sunday. Awating dates for 2019
Franklins of Thorncote (Sandy, Bedfordshire)
- Awaiting details
Odds Farm Park (Wooburn Common nr High Wycombe)
- This February half term 30 ewes are expect to lamb and the very popular bottle feeding kid goats is back too.
Orchard View Farm (Little Meadle)
- There will be a number of events from lambing days to a full open farm and even a sausage and cider festival. Details to be confirmed in the New Year so check back soon.
Rookery Open Farm (Towcester)
- Their lambing season runs from 17th March – 20th April
Old Dairy Farm – (Upper Stowe, Northamptonshire)
- There are usually several weekends in March. Awaiting details
We’d love to see your pictures and recommendations for best lambing days. Come and visit our facebook page and share with everyone. For imore ideas we have a lambing days guide for Buckinghamshire as well as further afield in Oxfordshire, Berkshire, as well as Surrey.