What's on in the UK
What’s On For Kids: Christmas Events in Buckinghamshire 2023
1 November, 2023 - 3 January, 2024
There are lots of magical Christmas events happening across Buckinghamshire from Milton Keynes to High Wycombe. Find great family friendly events in our guide to what’s on for kids over the Christmas holidays. Travel a little further and find out great events for kids in Berkshire and Oxfordshire too. Click on any of the links in red for more details.
Aylesbury Waterside Theatre know how to put on a realy great panto with their own unique twists. Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs promises a star cast, barrels of laughter, stunning sets, dazzling costumes, spectacular dance and maybe, just maybe a bad apple or two.
I’ve got some great round ups if you’re looking for a specific type of event and then scroll on down to find out what’s on for kids this December in Buckinghamshire.
What’s On For Kids Christmas Event Summary Guides 2023
Family Friendly Christmas Events in Buckinghamshire 2023
Take magical walk through a wintery wonderland, where elves play, reindeer relax and Santa can be found on-board his big red tractor. It’s the magic of Christmas and all the fun of the farm rolled in to one!
Pick up a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory-themed trail and explore the galleries. Hunt for clues around the Museum and learn some facts about the book. You can also pop into the pop-up factory where you can stack factory boxes or try out Wonka-themed activities.
Enjoy a 1 mile festive light trail experience in Milton Keynes. Discover a magnificent lantern festival where universal themes are brought to life on a spectacular scale.
Hughenden’s 12 days of Christmas is back with enchanting scenes from the famous carol brought to life with giant gold rings and swans a-swimming on a sea of baubles.
See Father Christmas whilst enjoying a steam train ride AND watch a pantomime – all in one amazing Christmas experience at Bucks Railway Centre. This year’s mini pantomime is Beauty & The Beast.
With the help of Mrs Claus and the Eco Elves, participants will unlock the magic of the Christmas tree machine, as they transform a magic bean into their very own miniature Christmas tree.
Uncover a dozen delightful surprises as you roam through the enchanting Hughenden Gardens on our family Christmas trail
Christmas dinners haven’t always looked the way they do now! Hunt through the museum and galleries to uncover hidden facts about Christmas dinners from the past.
Family Friendly Christmas Events by Day in Buckinghamshire 2023
- High Wycombe Christmas Festival (High Wycombe) 18th Nov FREE
- Gerrards Cross Christmas Extravaganza (Gerrards Cross) 24th Nov FREE
- Christmas on the Cobbles (Aylesbury) 25th Nov FREE
- Winslow Christmas Fair and lights switch on (Winslow) 30th Nov FREE
- Charlie & The Chocolate Factory Celebration at the Roald Dahl Museum & Story Centre (Great Missenden) 2nd Dec
- Family Christmas Day at Discover Bucks Museum (Aylesbury) 2nd Dec
- Festive weekend at Chiltern Open Air Museum (Chalfont St Giles) 2nd – 3rd Dec
- Christmas storytelling at Hughenden (near High Wycombe) 2nd-3rd Dec
- Beaconsfield Festival of Lights 6th Dec FREE
- Christmas Lights Fun Day (Stony Stratford) 2nd Dec FREE
- Wendover Christmas Celebration (Wendover) 2nd Dec FREE
- Amersham Christmas Festival (Amersham) 2nd Dec
- Missenden Abbey Christmas Market
- Morgan & West’s Great Big Christmas Magic Show at Aylesbury Waterside Theatre (Aylesbury) 10th Dec
- Family Christmas crafts at Hughenden (near High Wycombe) 10th Dec
- A Christmas Carol at Aylesbury Waterside Theatre (Aylesbury) 12th – 17th Dec
- Baby Sensory ‘Baby’s First Christmas’ special (Longwick) 16th Dec
- Santa Dash at Willen Lake (Milton Keynes) 17th December
- Santa’s New Sleigh at Aylesbury Waterside Theatre (Aylesbury) 17th – 24th Dec
- Family Christmas crafts at Hughenden (near High Wycombe) 17th Dec
- Thomley Christmas Market
- Chistmas candles workshop at Wycombe Museum (High Wycombe) 21st Dec
- Christmas storytelling at Hughenden (near High Wycombe) 21st – 22nd Dec